Thursday, December 29, 2011

Black Powder Bag and Powder Horn

I recently tried my hand at building a powder horn. The process was a little more work than I anticipated but a learning experience none the less. Here are some photos of the process from the filing and carving of the horn to the dying. I used white pine for the end plug and an old fiddle peg for the spout end. I also hand forged a staple for the wooden plug end to connect a strap to. The possibles bag in the photo was built by me also. The bag is a copy of an 18th century design with a distressed finish to simulate an aged look complete with an antiqued brass period style buckle. Anyone interested in ordering these bags you can contact me at rossjbr@yahoo.com they are available lined with period style ticking fabric or unlined.




No comments:

Post a Comment